Right Click Disabled

Sunday, August 12, 2012

International Center of Photography gallery review (8/10)

This Friday, I visited the International Center of Photography, which is on 43rd st. I wanted to visit the center for so long, and this time, I finally got around to it. If you have been reading my blog, you would probably remember that I blogged in June about Weegee's "Murder Is My Business" exhibit and Christer Stromholm's "Les Amies de Place Blanche" exhibit. I checked out those two photo exhibitions at the gallery. I went to the gallery on Friday, because admission is donation-based every Friday from 5-8 pm. Unlike my expectation, there was no long, endless line-up at the gallery when I got there, so I didn't have to wait for a long time. It was a good thing. Overall, I loved the exhibitions. Both of the exhibitions were on display on the basement floor. 

At the entrance of "Murder Is My Business" exhibit
At the entrance, there were a big gun prop and the pictures that enticed the visitors into the exhibition halls. What I liked about this gallery the most was that they displayed props, video installations, hand-written wall papers, and electronic devices that made the gallery viewing experience easier and more interesting. The little monitors you can see in the pictures below, allowed the visitors to take a look at the documents and pictures that are relevant to the exhibit at a glance. Also, the video recorded by Weegee was playing in the gallery. In the corner of the exhibition hall, was there an apartment prop that looks exactly like the one that Weegee was living in. All these little props in the gallery made the gallery viewing more fun and interesting. I was intrigued to see what New York crimes scenes looked like back in the 1930s-1940s in the eye of a renowned journalism photographer. The Murder Is My Business exhibit will be ended on September 2nd. So if you are interested, don't miss out on it. :)



Installation for documents and pictures

Video viewing



No comments: