Right Click Disabled

Saturday, October 13, 2012

MOMA New Photography 2012 Gallery Review (8/10)

It's been a while since I visited a photo exhibition. Whenever I have an itch to have new inspiration in my life, I know what I should do - go to photo galleries! So today, in order to quench my thirst for art and shake off the dryness of my daily routines, I went to MOMA (the Museum Of the Modern Art). I have been to MOMA at least 3 times, but every time I visit MOMA, the museum always gives me a sense of satisfaction. This time it made me happier because I got a free pass because I an NYU student (Yes all NYU students get a free admission). YAY!!

MOMA


Anyway, from October 3rd, 2012 through Feb 4th, 2013, MOMA presents a photo exhibition entitled "New Photography 2012". The exhibition features the works of five artists including Michele Abeles, Birdhead (Ji Weiyu and Song Tao), Anne Collier, Zoe Crosher, and Shirana Shahbazi. 


MOMA
MOMA
I like the photos, even though I wasn't really impressed by them. Among all the museums/photo galleries I have ever been to in New York, MOMA is one of my favorites.
MOMA New Photography 2012
I liked this photo especially. 

MOMA
At the MOMA gift shop/book store on the 1st floor, I found Fisheye cameras, Sprocket rocket cameras, Lomography cameras..etc. on which I wrote about in my previous postings. 

MOMA Giftshopt/Book Store
Besides, I found a really cute camera that caught my attention. It's called "Minox DCC 5.1 Camera". I haven't seen or heard of this camera, so I was really interested. In the description below, it said this camera was used by James Bond himself and that it is an example of first-class German engineering from the 50s. The price is $250, if you are interested. The camera was so small and cute. 

Minox DCC 5.1 Camera from MOMA
For those of you who haven't been to MOMA, or haven't been to MOMA in a long time,I recommend you visit there often because there are so many interesting special exhibitions besides its photo exhibits. If you are an NYU student, don't miss out on the opportunity to see all these amazing exhibits for free!! :)


No comments: