Right Click Disabled

Monday, July 30, 2012

Top 5 photography apps

Last week in my digital marketing class, we were discussing how smart phones and apps have changed our lifestyles and how we interact with each other. And one of the students in class said now she takes more pictures than before using a camera on her smart phone. I assume she is not the only one who takes pictures of whatever captures her/his eyes everyday. As I was thinking about how my smart phone and using a variety of apps has influenced my life, I realized how using photography apps on my cellphone has kept me more intrigued in taking photos and sharing them with others in my daily routines.

So, today I decided to recommend some of the photography apps I found are fascinating for those who like taking pictures with their smart phones. Here are the top 5 android apps I personally think are the best and therefore recommend you to use.

1. PicsArt-Photo Studio (free)

Rating: 4/7/5
Users: 263,653 (android users)

This app is by far the best photography app I have ever used. This one has the best features (among the apps I have used) and the functionality includes magic effects (e.g., Lomo, Cartonizer..etc), drawing effects, and editing tools (e.g., stickers, red eye remover..etc).. and so on.

Picture taken at Chelsea Market and modified by PicsArt-Photo Studio 

For more information, visit PicsArt-Photo Studio


2. Pixlr-o-matic (free)

Rating: 4/7/5
Users: 63,090 (android users)

I downloaded this app recently. Pixlr-o-matic is great because of its Radomizer feature.  Whenever you use a photography app that offers tons of variety of features, choosing the right effects for your photo can be overwhelming. But this one helps you save time because its Randomizer functionality autamatically choses the proper effects for your picture. All you have to do is just swipe and wait for its suggestions.

Picture taken in Soho and transformed by Pixlr-o-matic
Taken in Brooklyn and modified by Instagram

3. Instagram (free)

Rating: 4/6/5
Users: 1,360,872 (android users)

This app is the most widely used app among photography lovers. This one lets you choose from a variety of filters and posts them instant on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare.


4. Cartoon camera (free)

Rating: 4.5/5
Users: 86,711 (android users)

This one turns your photos into cartoon pictures. It would be fun to enhance your photos using the 6 effects they offer(e.g., Color Drawing, Sephia, White strokes..etc.)

Check out the video below.




via Hipstamatic
5. Hipstamatic ($1.99 for iPhone)

Rating: 4+
Users: not published

If you want to turn your digital photos into analogue photos, use this app. You can change your lens, flash, or film and add a unique effects to bring different looks to your pictures.  

For more information, visit Hipstamatic

No comments: