Right Click Disabled

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Types of Camera


Today I am going to talk about types of camera. As much as I am interested in photography, I want to learn about cameras or what brands are best suited for a specific use.

Basically, there are 3 types of camera - Digital cameras, High-end cameras, and DSLR cameras. What are the differences among these cameras? Let's talk about it one by one.

You all know what digital cameras are. Digital cameras record and store photographic images in digital form. Then what is DSLR?

DSLR means Digital Single Lense Reflux. A reflux camera has a mirror in the viewfinder that reflects the exact shot (including borders) that the camera will take. Most DSLR cameras allow the photographer to change lenses for a broader range of fucus.

What are high-end cameras? High-end cameras are more expensive ones than DSLR cameras but they boast the best quality. Their features include higher speed (10,000 frames per second), higher pixel count (mega-pixel), better color, and alternative electrical and mechanical interfaces, such as USB.


The biggest difference between High-end cameras and DSLR cameras is that high-end cameras don't allow you to change lenses. Other than that, they have similar functions.
I have never used a high-end camera, and I am tempted to buy one of them soon.


Digital Camera

High-end Camera

DSLR Camera




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jina, this is great! Thanks for the info. I'm actually thinking of buying a camera pretty soon. I'm not sure if I should go with the regular digital camera (because they are cheap and easy to use) or finally upgrade to a DSLR. Any advice?

B said...

I'm always jealous of my friends with DSLR and high-end cameras because the photos really do come out much much better. I'm just too lazy to carry one around... (not to mention too poor to afford one!)

Unknown said...

@ Mike; Dont you already have a digital camera? If I were you I would consider a DSLR. I like how I can create photos the way I want. :)

Unknown said...

I had a digital camera but it broke in Peru. That's why I never posted any pictures of that trip. However, I'm considering a higher end digital camera because although I like the picture quality of DSLR cameras, they are too bulky for me. I'm thinking about the Sony NEX-5N. Thoughts?

Unknown said...

That's a good choice but i'd also test out the olympus pen series. If you want to splurge, the fujifilm x series is excellent.