Right Click Disabled

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weegee: Murder Is My Business (Midtown)

For those of you who enjoys watching dark, film noirs, you should check out this exhibition. The exhibition is  called "Weegee: Murder Is My Business."As its name suggests, the exhibition features grisly photos that are taken at crime scenes. To be specific, these are real-life pictures taken at crime scenes of New York between 1935 and 1946. The photographer's name is Arthur Fellig (his original name is Weegee) and he was born in Ukraine. He changed his name when his family moved to New York 1909. To be honest, these are not the kind of pictures that I would thrilled about (these are too shocking to me and I freak out when I see blood). However, Weegee is known to be  one of the most inventive figures in American photography, and his lurid and graphically dramatic photos were distinctly different from other's in his times. The exhibition runs through Sep 2 at International Center of Photography.



Via Ozartsetc

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW amazing !!!!!

Unknown said...

its somewhat scary~